credit cards, Bitcoin, and understanding information Hygiene

6:25:00 PM
credit cards, Bitcoin, and understanding information Hygiene -

There is an alarming lack of understanding of basic hygiene information among people in general. In the next decade, it will come back to bite very few people - but a better understanding of privacy will come of it. I sometimes explains the concept by thinking about credit cards, most everyone has used and can relate to.

I sometimes ask people to visualize pay for something with a credit card terminal to present the concept of privacy. They see insert the credit card, PIN entry, verification of the amount on the screen, and pressing the OK button to confirm the transaction.

So I asked, "Who are you simply give all the credit card and PIN details? "

This issue is generally not understood at all.

" Have you ever told your PIN to anyone? "I ask them.

" No, never, no, "they usually say.

"But you just gave it to the terminal, as well as the details of your credit card. Who is the terminal transmitting the details of your credit card and PIN for the moment," I do a followed

. 'I -? "

" You know, there is no major difference by telling him to me or to a credit card terminal. Once you give up, once you get on a machine that under your total control, it is there. You can choose to trust someone not to abuse the full knowledge of the details of your credit card and PIN "

" But who would -. "

" you never know, not exactly the person who programmed this terminal is now in complete control of your credit card details and PIN only the person who wrote that?.. code know if anyone else knows, or if the person chooses to retain data, or if it was never kept. therefore, you do not know who else know. You can not know. it's gone. it's there. it's not a secret anymore. This is the concept of health information , and it has a direct impact on all aspects of private life. Every time you transmit or store something, you must ask yourself the question, who else can see this information? If the answer is anything other than person , for some reason, you know rather than choosing to trust something, then you are effectively telling the world ".

This is the question we must always ask. Who else can see the data I transfer or storage now?

For example, I do not store anything on Dropbox which is highly encrypted and will be released in a matter of days, because hundreds of thousands of people have access to what is on my Dropbox (all staff to Dropbox, all of the NSA, and every spy agency, they work with). This is what I mean with where that no one can access it - I encrypting sensitive files before I put in my Dropbox folder, and absolutely not put them there in the first and only then right and choosing click "encrypt", because if I do things in this order, it was first published for the world to see and and crypt. These small details are not only of importance not, they are absolutely essential -. Sometimes a matter of life or death

Now compare the above credit card scenario when I pay with Bitcoin

a merchant shows me a bitcoin QR code. I take my own terminal , my cell phone, and scanner. The QR code contains the Bitcoin address of the trader and the amount payable. I press "pay" to my own terminal, which is completely under my control, and the part is transmitted to the merchant's address by my mobile phone. No sensitive data never leaves my control. I say nothing to nobody - neither human nor machine. No one knows my code, keys, or PIN, and I continue to be paid the money.

Health Information. Who can see your data? If you can not answer this question, you do not know if you have private life or not.

Privacy remains your own responsibility.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar