Expats - What do you miss about home

3:34:00 PM
Expats - What do you miss about home -

Expats - What do you miss about home? As promised, here is the second part of our series of expatriates - "Expats - Qu'est- what you miss about home? "If you missed the first part see my previous blog for expats to some of the best ways to adjust to a new country .

What I miss most from home

of course, living the life of an expatriate I miss my family and friends, but fortunately with Skype, Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, etc., we can keep in touch, and they do not feel so far away. in fact, I think I keep in touch more living abroad when I was living in the UK. When I lived in London, he could take two hours to travel to meet a friend who lived 10 miles through the London arm to dig its roads and subway strikes and a multitude of service interruptions.

Each expat I know missing a number of food products from their country of origin - usually food or snacks they grew up with. For example, in the UK, many expats miss Marmite, and many US expatriates lack of Kraft macaroni cheese. I'm a little hungry myself, and really misses cheddar cheese mature further, I sorely lacking in salt and vinegar chips, cry at the thought of no longer Branston pickle, Bisto gravy, or fish and chips - notes I do not mix these together to make a horrible flat "British" :) every time I visit the UK, I stock up on these items, they are "my precious".

When I was an expatriate in Lebanon I missed being able to watch British television. Alas, in those days, the VPN does not exist for the individual user, and if it did, my internet connection has been powered by a potato (ok, it was not) but was so incredibly slow that it took minutes for a single web page to load, so streaming shows online is not an option.

The main difficulties of being an expatriate

The greatest difficulty that I found to be an expat, is not able to speak the local language. This can cause many problems for expatriates, and if you make a visa application, it can be a bit of a nightmare. Complete forms is also a bit of a chore, because it seems that no one really has the definitive answer on what is "correct", which can lead you a merry dance. It can be a bit of a battle, but you get there in the end! In Serbia, you must register with the police within 24 hours upon arrival that does not sound so bad, but when you stay with Serb family do not own their apartment or their owner is out of the country, creative thinking It comes in is fine if you are staying in a hotel or hostel, as they register with the police upon arrival

Expats. -.! Let us know what you miss about home

If you are an expat, you miss your country - friends, family, food, improving public transport? We'd love to hear, so do please free to comment here on our blog!

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar